Emil brings over 28 years of experience, including the structural outlining and designing of the systems utilized in all types of projects and has been responsible for several aspects of the overall structural process.
Emil has design experience in various types of structures such as: ADU’s with light-gauge steel, office buildings, warehouses & cold storage facilities, non-profit & religious buildings, special structures, and multi-residential structures.
The following are examples of some of Mr. Hanna’s projects, which involved the design of light gauge steel:
Value Engineering design of Multi-Resident Structures
- AC HOTEL – Gaslamp, San Diego
- Student Housing Structure for the University of Vermont in Burlington, Vermont
- Marriott Courtyard Springhill in Anaheim, CA
- Holiday Inn in Glendale, CA
- Apartments at 3rd St. in Oakland, CA
- Hannah Park in Oakland, CA
Structural Design of Multi-Resident Structure
200-unit state licensed residential care facility for elderly (RCFE) includes 2-story memory care suites & restaurant Building (over garage), 3-story clubhouse, (2) 3 – story MDU apartment Buildings in Rancho Bernardo – San Diego, CA
- 7 stories of Hotel and Retail space over 3 stories of Underground Parking in Hollywood, CA
- 5 stories of Residential Units over 3 stories of Concrete
- Retail/Parking in Irvine, CA
- 3 stories of residential units in Northridge, CA
Structural Observation And Construction Inspection
Emil R. Hanna has extensive experience in structural observation & solving any field conditions, coordinating with contractor(s) to establish action plans to correct progress deficiencies, and maintaining schedules.
- AIA SFV Design Awards
- Calibre Award
Emil R. Hanna worked on the Joni & Friends International Disability Center, which was the 2007 Award Winner of the AIA SFV Design Awards Program. Soon after, this project was again recognized and nominated alongside the Ronald Reagan UCLA Hospital for the 2008 Calibre Award. Emil’s company Wahba F. Wahba Engineering became the recipient of the 2008 Calibre Award presented to the team by the IIDA Southern California Chapter.